Former Student Debt
Debt Recovery Mission Statement
Fiscal accountability and service excellence are the primary objectives for the Student Business Online. Our mission is to provide quality customer service as we endeavor to maintain the University goal of “Changing Minds, Changing Lives” for the entire campus community. The mission of the Debt Recovery Unit is to effectively collect outstanding receivables owed to Western Washington University in a professional and courteous manner, thereby insuring optimal cash flow, sound fiscal management and reduced delinquencies and write-offs.
To discuss your past-due debt, please contact the Student Business Online at (360) 650-2865.
Western recommends you pay all outstanding Western Account balances with an eCheck through your Western Account Online.
- eCheck – Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. No fee.
- Credit Card – Visa/Master Card/American Express/Discover with a 2.75% Convenience Fee.
Please send check payments to:
Western Washington University
516 High St.
Bellingham, WA 98225
Allow seven to ten business days for mail to reach Western.
- Write your WWU ID number on the check and make it payable to WWU
- Canadian checks must be made payable in U.S. funds
- Returned checks are subject to a $25 fee for the first returned check and a $50 fee for each subsequent returned check.
Temporary Repayment Arrangement (TRA)
- A monthly payment plan for former students who owe money on their account
- Six (6) and twelve (12) month plans available
- One percent (1%) interest rate
- Payments due the first (1st) of the month
- Avoid being sent to an outside Collections Agency
- Contact us at 360.650.2943