SBO Debt Recovery
Fiscal accountability and service excellence are the primary objectives for the Student Business Office. We are dedicated to helping all Western students and families better understand and manage their financial obligations to the university through an open and honest partnership. The Debt Recovery Unit strives to collect outstanding receivables owed to Western Washington University in a professional and courteous manner, thereby insuring optimal cash flow, sound fiscal management and reduced delinquencies and write-offs.
Western recommends you pay all outstanding Western Account balances with an eCheck through your Western Account Online.
- eCheck--a free and convenient payment option. Simply enter your U.S. checking or savings account information and payment will be made electronically.
- Credit or Debit Card number--we accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover payments online. Please note that there is a non-refundable convenience fee associated with each payment made using a card number.
Please send check payments to:
Western Washington University
516 High St.
Bellingham, WA 98225
Allow seven to ten business days for mail to reach Western.
- Write your WWU ID number on the check and make it payable to WWU
- Canadian checks must be made payable in U.S. funds
- Returned checks are subject to a $25 fee for the first returned check and a $50 fee for each subsequent returned check.
Temporary Repayment Arrangement (TRA)
- A monthly payment plan for former students who owe money to the university
- Six (6) and twelve (12) month plans available
- One percent (1%) interest rate
- Payments due the first (1st) of the month
- Avoid being sent to an outside Collections Agency
- Email Debt Recovery at SBO.DebtRecovery@wwu.edu or call us at (360) 650-2943.