The Federal Perkins Loan Program provided money for college or career school for students with financial need.
The authority for schools to make new Federal Perkins Loans ended on Sept. 30, 2017.
If you are a student who received a Perkins Loan, your lender is Western Washington University. This loan will be billed by Western.
Managing your Perkins Loan
You have three different options for payment.
- Sign up for Auto Draft ACH and have Western debit your bank account on the 1st of the month so you never forget.
- Make a one-time payment using Western’s personalized payment portal. We accept E-check, Visa and Mastercard.
- Mail us a check at Western Washington University MS 9003 516 High St, Bellingham, WA 98225
Before you graduate (or if you drop below half-time attendance), regulations require that you complete an exit counseling session. The counseling session provides you with important information regarding repayment terms and obligations, benefits available to you, and contact information.
To access this counseling, go to the Perkins Payment Portal and navigate to "Online Interviews" -> "Exit Interview"
Why should I contact the Student Business Online?
- Change your graduation date
- Leave school or drop below half-time
- Transfer schools
- Change your name, address or phone number
- Questions about your Master Promissory Note