A Federal Perkins Loan is a low-interest loan (5%) for students with exceptional financial need. The financial need of a student is determined by the FAFSA application.
If you are a student who received a Perkins Loan, your lender is Western Washington University. This loan will be billed by Western.
Managing your Perkins Loan
You have three different options for payment.
- You can go online to access Western’s personalized payment portal. We accept E-check, Visa and Mastercard.
- You can go online and sign up for Auto Draft ACH to have Western debit your bank account on the 1st of the month for your payment so you don’t have worry about it.
- You can mail us a check at Western Washington University MS 9003 516 High St, Bellingham, WA 98225
Western has brought your loan back in house and will continue as your servicer. If you have any questions about your account email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 360-650-2865.
To view your 1098-E tax information, go to the Perkins Portal and navigate to "Correspondence" -> "Tax Information".
Before you graduate (or if you drop below half-time attendance), regulations require that you complete an exit counseling session. The counseling session provides you with important information regarding repayment terms and obligations, benefits available to you, and contact information.
To access this counseling, go to the Perkins Payment Portal and navigate to "Online Interviews" -> "Exit Interview"
Why should I contact the Student Business Online?
- Change your graduation date
- Leave school or drop below half-time
- Transfer schools
- Change your name, address or phone number
- Questions about your Master Promissory Note